Pi Kappa Alpha is dedicated to developing men of integrity, intellect, and high moral character and to fostering a truly lifelong fraternal experience. To fulfill this mission, Pi Kappa Alpha will:
- Encourage all our members to live the values taught in our ritual.
- Provide innovative services and programs designed to enrich the lives of our undergraduates, alumni, and communities.
- Create opportunities for our undergraduate and alumni members to participate in the life of Pi Kappa Alpha on a daily basis.
- Promote and foster a spirit of pride, loyalty, inclusion and respect for Pi Kappa Alpha and its rich history.
- Empower our undergraduate and alumni members to help shape Pi Kappa Alpha’s future by being informed ambassadors and involved advocates.
- Encourage our undergraduate and alumni members to take an active role in advancing Pi Kappa Alpha’s interests by volunteering their time and by contributing to the fraternity’s annual giving campaign.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with our alumni, students and host institutions through various channels on a continuous basis.
- Value academic achievement and practice academic integrity.
- Establish positive and lasting relationships with our host institutions, alumni and communities.
- Encourage our members to be of strong mind and body.
The True Pike
As members of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, we commit ourselves to uphold the values taught in our Ritual and restated in our Vision, Mission, and Creed. The True Pike is committed to a life of caring for others as he cares for himself. In pursuit of that ideal, I reaffirm my commitment…
to practice academic integrity and strive for academic achievement
to meet all of my financial obligations on time
to preserve a sound mind and body, rejecting abuse of alcohol or drugs
to pursue my career goals zealously, but with integrity
to promote brotherly love and kind feeling, nurturing my friendships
to dedicate myself to my family, my faith, and pursuit of the truth.
To My Brothers
to challenge all brothers to uphold this code and hold accountable those who do not
to respect the dignity of all; not to tolerate physical or mental abuse of any human being
to seek and fulfill leadership roles and participate energetically in Fraternity activities
to encourage my chapter to establish and enforce rigorous academic standards
to urge my chapter not to tolerate abuse of alcohol or drugs
to actively recruit new members who I believe will uphold the Fraternity’s values
to participate enthusiastically in an education program to inculcate our values
To My Fraternity
to ensure that my conduct at all events and activities reflects Pi Kappa Alpha in a positive light
to reach out to brothers beyond my own chapter; and welcome those who reach out to me
to participate actively in Fraternity sponsored educational and leadership conferences
to volunteer my time as an alumnus to an area chapter or alumni association or to the Fraternity
to provide financial support for the Pi Kappa Alpha Foundation
to respect the Fraternity’s property and symbols
to leave the Fraternity and my chapter better than they were when I arrived
To My Community
to protect the health and safety of others
to participate in campus activities, and stay involved with my alma mater beyond my graduation
to foster good relationships with the University faculty and administration
to serve my community through participation in civic organizations and events
Only by so doing, can I fulfill my commitment to Pi Kappa Alpha and be worthy to count myself a True Pike.